Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Laughter is good medicine

I've found that I laugh a lot here. It might have something to do with being with kids much of the day and they can't help themselves but be entertaining for others. Allow me to share a few examples from everyday life.

A 2nd grade student of mine graciously brought me 4 M&M's during lunch recently. She plopped them on my table and took off for school. As I followed, she turned around and said "I only dropped 2 of them, but I dusted them off!"

I was trying to make a point of something in class and turned around as I said something (the specific details have escaped me) and a student proceeded to tell me with a smirk "Miss Crockett, you looked real cute just now when you did that" and everybody in 2nd grade graciously concurred with her.

What can I say, but that success in the classroom is when you have a bunch of 2nd grade admirers. I don't think it takes much to find that :-) I will try to post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Thomas and Lisa said...

As I read this post, I could hear your laughter. You are so fun to be with. 2nd graders are a lot of fun. How ironic that you are with that age and next week I will be surrounded with 6th graders! I try to focus on the older students will better understand my English. Wish we could be together to share some laughs and maybe some M&M's too.