Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A scattered update

I have been faithful to try to connect to blogger to put an updated post, but not as patient to wait for it to work properly. We have just over 2 weeks left in our term before we break at American Thanksgiving and students don't return until early January. The push is on as the activity does not slow down and our bodies don't seem to regain much of anything.

Though, I continue to see God's grace pour forth in and through a bunch of imperfect people. One such moment that I am now referring to as a treasure of a gem, happened as I was humbled by a student and some mistakes I had made as a teacher and the way in which I had interacted with this specific student. Needless to say, the tearful conversation with my precious 2nd grader ended with hugs and forgiveness. My learning curve is high in 2nd grade!

After 3 weeks of limping, great pain and slight pain, and playing ultimate frisbee and running one day, the doctors reviewed my x-ray's and found 2 cracks in my bone. I have joined the ranks of people who can say they have broken a bone and am stuck in an incredibly gorgeous boot (basically a cast I can take off) for 3 weeks. If they really didn't want me running on the broken foot, they should have put me in a cast I couldn't un-velcro. I am being careful, but am excited to remove the restraint and run freely, hopefully pain free in a few weeks.

If you, by any chance, have access to a Chicago Bears football game from the last few years in which there was great excitement and a win for the Bears, send a copy to me! Thanksgiving without a football game will just not be the same. I did bring my football and will probably rope some friends into throwing it around, but most folks around here go for Rugby well over American football. American football is somewhat of a girlie sport when put up against Rugby. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

Thomas and Lisa said...

Take care of yourself...no football playing for you until your bone heals! It is interesting you commenting on Thanksgiving not being the same without football, I am thinking of all the traditional dishes we will miss out on!